Valuation of movable propertyThe main tasks in evaluating machines and equipment may include:
- Determination of the purchase price of machinery and equipment, or, together with other assets of the operating enterprise, such as current assets, property, intangible assets, as well as goodwill, or by autonomous analysis;
- Financing if the tenant wishes to know the value of the assets for which it pays on the open market;
- Insurance, where it is necessary to find out whether the terms of the policy are based on the actual value of the cash flow, or replacement cost, or the cost of reproduction of the new facility;
- A trial where an expert witness is required;
- Leasing, where evaluation of off-balance sheet financing or determination of residual value is required;
- Tax on property, where the value of personal property must be known in order to determine the correctness of the calculation of tax.
Goodwill is an intangible legally unidentifiable and inalienable asset arising from a positive image, the recognition of a company name, the presence of a permanent clientele and other factors, the value of which cannot be isolated and assessed separately, but which cause additional income.